Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wow, a great day for my feet!

I began the day measuring my wakeup pulse rate at 62. I then ran and walked my 2-mile route. I felt a little more energetic than I did on Thursday. After my run/walk, my wife and I took our four grandkids up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Brighton Ski Resort and hiked around Silver Lake. About half way around the lake, we took a side hike up to Solitude Lake. After returning from that, we continued around Silver Lake. The total distance on our hike was 3.2 miles, giving me 5.2 miles for the day. Silver Lake is at an altitude about 8400 feet, and Lake Solitude is at an elevation about 9100 feet. Here are some pictures I took towards the end of the hike. The last picture is of a stream that feeds the lake, and there is a Beaver dam in the stream. The next to the last picture is of the trail, and my wife (in the red shirt) is walking down the trail. Click a picture for a larger image.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, you live in a gorgeous area to run in! I'm doing most of my running in the city. Too many cars, no pretty scenery. But I like this! Posting pictures of what you see when you're running. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Colton, I am blessed with nice places to run. It's about a half-hour drive to Brighton, so I don't go there on a regular basis. It's about a 5-minute drive to go to the Jordan River Parkway, and I do all my running there. I used to run the maintenance roads that border irrigation canals that traverse the Salt Lake valley, and they were nice too. Lots of houses around but no traffic. During the winter when the Parkway hasn't been plowed yet, I run a city street that goes for miles through the valley. That street has traffic and smog but the sidewalk is usually plowed soon after a snow storm.

    ReplyDelete