Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Extended my run to 1.7 miles

Today I made another small increase in my distance. I used my GPS to measure the total distance (1.7 miles). I left home about 9:30 am and enjoyed the cooler temperature (high 70s in the shade) and more shade on the path. I purposefully didn't take water with me due to the lower temperatures. Since I had my GPS with me, I checked my pace while I was running. The pace was 14 minutes/mile, which is slow but not bad for an old guy recovering from blood clots :)

My wakeup pulse rate has been 61-62 during the past week. Normally, with a pulse rate that high I wouldn't even go running, since my normal is about 50, but my energy level has been OK and I've gone out. I felt great this morning. This run was one of the best runs I've had for several weeks.

1 comment:

  1. It? s very intertsting to read. Put the Google translater on your blog, please.

    ReplyDelete