Monday, August 31, 2009

For a few seconds I felt like the world was coming to an end

Yesterday morning I was walking into my kitchen when, all of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain in my right hip. The pain was so intense that I had to sit down and lean to my left for a few seconds. I felt the pain on and off for the rest of the day. I put Arnica cream on it in the evening to help me begin the healing process. I don't know what caused the pain. I hadn't run for four days, and I felt fine during that time. I don't think running caused the pain -- if it did, there was a four-day delay before the pain set in.

I felt fine during the night and for two or three hours this morning, so I went out running. However, after a quarter mile I felt the pain a bit, and I turned around and walked/jogged back to my car. I felt the pain on and off during the day. I put Arnica on every three or four hours. In the beginning, the pain was in the front of my body, about where my leg connects to my pelvis. By night, however, the pain had moved to the rear of my hip, and I began to wonder if it was a problem in my buttock. I began doing my exercise for the buttock. I felt pretty good as I prepared for bed.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're ok. I'm not a doctor or physiotherapist, so I don't know what could've caused the pain. I'm younger than you, but I sometimes feel pain in different areas of my body which goes away by itself.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am sorry about your pain and hope it feels better very soon. I too have pain in my right hip sometimes and mine is aggravated by running, but I have found relief in the following ways, perhaps they will help you as well. Firstly my pain is due to an imbalance in leg length which is caused by too much strengths on one of my sides. My doctor suggested a running band, it is a large rubber band that you can put around your hips when you walk/run. It causes your body to develop the muscles that are lacking and helps balance the hip and leg area. Secondly, I go to a sports chiropractor and believe it or not he pulls on my leg from the foot/ankle area, this causes my hip to gap and then I am so much better. Finally, I have had much success in my low back and hips with acupuncture. I have also tried conventional medications and PT, but have found that the more natural ways are better for my injury, and they cause less damage to my body with no negative side effects. Good luck with your healing.

    ReplyDelete