Saturday, August 08, 2009

Did a 1-mile rest run

I woke up this morning and felt fine with lots of energy. As I was getting ready to go out running, early to miss the mid-day heat, my wife commented that it might rain in the afternoon. I decided to mow my lawns before it rained, so I did that instead of running. I only stopped to rest one time while doing the lawns. This was a big improvement from the 5 or 6 times I've been stopping in past mowing sessions.

After I finished the lawns, I went running. However, after about a third of a mile, I knew I was too tired to run much, and I reduced the run to a 1-mile rest run. I was glad I had changed the run, because I was pretty tired during the one-mile and did a lot of walking.

In the past I've tried to mow lawns on a day without running, but once in a while I end up doing both on the same day.

1 comment:

  1. Just letting you know how inspiring your story is. I'm just a beginning runner. I couldn't even walk a mile when I started and now I'm jogging 4 :). I think I'm addicted now. God bless and thanks for the extra smile your blog gave me today!

    ReplyDelete