Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Short jog/walk

Today has been a really busy day. I've been going full speed since 6:30 am, and I finally made it out to run at 9 pm. I went three miles at a restful pace. The sun was down when I left, and I enjoyed the evening dusk. Today was the hottest day we've had so far this year -- the max temperature was close to 100 (F). By the time I ran, the temperature was down to the low 80s (F), and as I write this, the temperature outside is 74 (F). Even though I wasn't gone long, it was nice to enjoy the peace of the evening along the Jordan River for a while.

I met a nice gentleman who was out walking a big, white, friendly dog. We talked for about 5 minutes. He does some running and walking several times per week. We talked about weight-loss, and he was surprised when I said that one mile of walking or running burns about 100 calories and that you have to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound. We talked about reducing food intake by about 300 calories per day by cutting out sodas, sweets, and as he called it "junk food".

No comments:

Post a Comment