Tuesday, February 20, 2007

To thy own self be true

This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
-- William Shakespeare


I've tried to make this my guide in my 71 years of life. Be honest with myself. Be honest with others. Treat others as I would have them treat me. Judge no one, because they are doing the best they can under their circumstances. Be grateful to those who influence me. Be grateful for life. Be grateful for trials and sorrows, because they are our path to growth and strength. And, most of all, love! Love myself and then love others. Follow the path of love and kindness. Be strong when necessary. Be kind and forgiving always.

Value life and the sacredness of the individual. A wise man said,

No power or influence can or ought to be maintained [in life]... only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned; By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile—

This post isn't about running. But, yes it is. It's about running. It's about me. It's about you. It's about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment