Monday, February 05, 2007

Black ice almost got me

Even though the shade temperature during my run was in the mid 40s and most of the Parkway path is dry, there is a big patch of water from melting snow that still covers the path. The low temperature last night was about 25 (F), and that patch of water had a layer of ice under the water. From a distance the ice looked like a big puddle of water. My mind was wandering off exploring the world and I wasn't paying attention, and I ran into the ice and almost went down. My foot slipped on the ice, but I was able to keep my balance long enough to hobble over the the edge and hold onto a wooden railing while I regained my balance. I then walked through the ice and resumed my running. The puddle was about ten feet across.

No comments:

Post a Comment