Saturday, February 17, 2007

One hour of short fartleks

I could tell before I left home that my body was tired and I didn't have a lot of energy. This was confirmed by my wakeup HR of 53.

I ran the first mile to warm up, and I decided not to push my speed very much. My hour run was mostly a rest run, but I did run a few fartleks for a short distance (100-200 feet) at a pace just a bit faster than my rest pace. I've been sleeping well and haven't done any strenuous work at home, so I think my body wasn't fully recovered from my 11-mile run on Wednesday at a faster pace than I've been using.

It was a beautiful day to be out. The sky was sunny, and the temperature was in the mid 40s (F). Since I was doing mostly rest running, I picked up quite a bit of litter than was blown in by the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment