Saturday, February 10, 2007

A nice hour of fartleks

I did my speed training this morning. I ran for an hour on the Jordan River Parkway. I warmed up during the first mile and didn't run any fartleks. I then ran fartleks for the next 3 1/4 miles, and I ran the last mile without fartleks to recover and cool down (I did run a fartlek as a nice kick at the end of the run). I ended the run with a negative split by 10 seconds.

I ran a variety of distances and speeds, and I did a slow recovery run between the fartleks. My recovery runs were slower than my rest pace during the first and last miles.

I enjoyed being out. The sky was sunny with some clouds. The temperature was in the mid to high 40s (F). There was a 5 mph headwind going out and a tailwind coming back. I saw quite a few runners and walkers, and one kid on roller blades.

No comments:

Post a Comment