Saturday, February 03, 2007

Finally finished the DVD of the Messiah

My daughter came down from Evanston, WY yesterday, and we spent 12 hours on my Macintosh computer finishing the DVD of the Messiah that was performed in Evanston in December (we were up until 3 am). My daughter sang in the choir. This is the DVD that I've mentioned in previous posts. I think the DVD turned out very well. Blended in with the performance are scriptural quotations and pictures depicting Old and New Testament accounts that Handel referenced in writing the score. In doing the DVD I did some things I hadn't done before, such as having all the sound come from a CD of the performance instead of from my camera, and I learned a lot about lip syncing and coordinating pictures with words being sung in the performance, and I had some good experiences. Now, I can get back to my normal activities including getting more sleep.

I only had 5 hours of sleep last night, so I didn't run today. My daughter, my son, and I spent a good part of the morning and afternoon making copies of the DVD. My daughter took them back to Evanston and will print labels on them and give them to the organization that sponsored the performance.

I now have only 2 1/2 months until the Salt Lake City half-marathon, and I need to be more consistent in my training, especially my speed training.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog...your an inspiration. Found you off CRN. I look forward to following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason, thanks for stopping by my blog and taking time to comment. I'm glad you're finding my blog useful.

    ReplyDelete