Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A less energetic but ok hour run

I ran for an hour on the Jordan River Parkway. This was a rest run with no speed workouts, and I went at a comfortable pace. I felt less energetic than yesterday, but it was an ok run. The sky was sunny, and the temperature was in the mid 50s (F). I wore a regular T-shirt as my only layer. I practiced my gliding when I slowed to a walking break, and my stealth running. I didn't, though, give a kick at the end of the run. Most of my running is now stealth running, and I'm practicing running with a lighter touch.

My wakeup HR was 48.

3 comments:

  1. Allen, I have been following your progress with interest. I may have to purchase that book to see if it will help me. I plan on running until I am at least 100. Since I got a late start running and I do one marathon a year, with it being in a different state, I will be close to 96 before I complete it. I may need all the help I can get.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,

    I have a reputation on the forum for being conservative, but the book is at least as conservative as I am :) I think it is being conservative that has kept me injury-free all these years. Good luck in your quest to run in all 50 states. Let me know when you decide to do Utah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A further comment about Galloway's book, Deb. The book is written for older runners, and he defines them as 40 or above. This means that his techniques aren't quite as energetic as some you read in the literature. I'm finding that my body really agrees with his perspective on running.

    ReplyDelete