Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A nice hour run in the dark

I was late getting out to run today. When I started the run, the sun had set behind the Oquirrh mountains, and most of my run was in the dark. Because the tunnel under 10400 South is flooded, I parked south of the tunnel so I would have a clear path all the way to the tunnel under 12600 South. Of course, since my run was only an hour, I didn't go that far. In fact, I only ran about a mile south of my parking spot and half a mile north, and I looped that distance. There was plenty of light from nearby buildings and parking lots, and I could see fine.

There was a 10 mph south wind blowing. When it was a tailwind, I felt fine and ran without a lot of effort. When it was a headwind, I had to exert more effort, and I felt a little colder. The temperature was 36 (F), giving a wind chill of about 23 (F). I had my normal three layers that I wear in the winter.

I enjoyed the run. The area was quiet and peaceful, and I only saw three other people. One was a runner and two were a young couple walking home or somewhere. My wakeup HR was 45 this morning. I've been sleeping well for the past couple of weeks, and I had a short nap this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment