Saturday, December 09, 2006

Two and one-half hours of running and then a hot shower

I did my long run on the Jordan River Parkway. For the first 10 miles, I ran slightly faster than I did on Wednesday, and then I started getting tired. I slowed down a bit and finished my time, doing a distance of 12 miles. The temperature was in the low 50s (F), the sky was clear, and it was another beautiful day. My wakeup HR was 49.

On the way back, a man and a big dog passed me, and I thought to myself, "He is going fast". However, I soon realized that he had started alternating running and walking, and his overall average was about the same pace I was doing. I thus followed him for the last three miles until he finished his run and left the trail. I still had a mile to go, and I ran until I reached my time-goal, and I then walked the rest of the way (about half a mile) to my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment