Saturday, December 16, 2006

Didn't run today

I had a busy schedule today and didn't run. My wife and I drove to Evanston, WY to video tape a performance of the Messiah that my daughter sang in. There was a winter storm watch for the area we would be driving through with estimates of snow from 8 inches to two feet. I spent significant time during the morning studying weather reports. I wasn't sure we should go, but we decided at the last minute to go. The highway (I80) was dry on the way up with just a few icy spots. On the way back, however, we drove over half of the distance through a snow storm. The snow was only a couple of inches deep, but it caused everyone to slow down. A trip that normally takes 1 1/2 hours at 70 mph took 2 1/2 hours at 30-50 mph. I'm glad we made it home safely. For the benefit of those in other countries, 62 mph is 100 kmh.

Now I have to make time to edit the video into a DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment