Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sledding in the snow

The beginning of the parkway path is about 25 feet below the adjacent street, and there is a steep hill going from the adjacent street to the parkway parking lot. When I returned from my run, there was a family sledding down the steep hill. They were having a lot of fun!

As I watched them, I was reminded of the time we came up from Phoenix to Salt Lake for a Christmas visit. We spent several hours each day sledding down the steep hill at Sugarhouse park. That was 32 or 33 years ago, and I still remember it as if it were yesterday. I also remember the time after we had moved from Phoenix to Massachusetts that we spent an evening sledding down our driveway (a 30 foot elevation change) using our car lights to see the driveway. We were up until midnight. That would have been the winter of 1976-1977. Ahhh... great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment