Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My new rest run is growing

I added half a mile to my Tuesday rest run and ran 1.5 miles this morning. I took it easy and enjoyed being out in the morning before it gets hot. One nice thing about living in the desert is that evenings cool off. We can go from a daytime high of 103 F (yesterday} to a nighttime low of 72 (last night). That 30 degree drop in temperature is typical. By running in the morning, I can run without the worst heat. Of course, on my medium and long runs, I'll still get some of the heat before I finish.

I ran along the canal road and enjoyed seeing the ducks again. I've enjoyed the canal road, but I do prefer the asphalt on the Jordan River Parkway instead of the rocky dirt road along the canal. My ankles are too stiff to handle the uneven road very well.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment