Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A great, tempo 7 miles

Yesterday my wife and I drove to Evanston, Wyoming to visit our daughter and her family for the 4th of July. Another daughter and her family came up from Provo, Utah, and we had a nice family time. We got back about 8 pm tonight, and I quickly changed into my running clothes and drove to the Jordan River Parkway and ran 7 miles. I averaged 11.8 minute miles, including a walk up a big hill. That time extrapolated to 13.1 miles would give me a 2 hour 35 minute time for a half marathon. My goal for the Great Salt Lake Half Marathon on August 19 is 2 hours 30 minutes, so tonight's time was close to that goal. Now, I just have to develop more endurance so I can run that pace for another 6 miles. I felt good during and after the run, and it was nice to be running faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment