Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A restful half hour in the snow

I ran for half an hour on the Jordan River Parkway. There was about an inch of "lake-effect" powdery snow on the ground, but I had no problems since loose snow isn't slippery. I thought I might be the first one out this morning, but there were a lot of foot prints and dog prints in the snow indicating quite a few people were out before me. The only person I saw was another runner. Lake-effect snow is from moisture from the Great Salt Lake being condensed into snow due to cold air passing by.

The temperature was 15 (F) when I left home, but the sky was almost clear and sunny. A beautiful, winter day. My wakeup HR was 52, slightly higher because I only got 5 1/2 hours sleep night before last due to working on a problem with my leigh.org domain (I have four web sites sharing that domain, including my running site, and I wanted to get the problem fixed).

No comments:

Post a Comment