Saturday, November 04, 2006

My first experience with gels

This run was my first experience with gels. I've been hearing on running.about.com that gels are helping runners avoid hitting the "wall", and I thought I'd try them. I took one yesterday to see how my stomach reacted -- no problem. So, I took one just before I left for the 10 minute drive to the Jordan River Parkway, and I took another one after 1 hour 6 minutes into the run. I don't know if the two gel packs helped me with my great run today, but I'll continue using them for a while to see how things turn out. Whatever the reason was, I had a wonderful run today!

2 comments:

  1. Howdy! Needless TIP: DON'T FEED THE DUCKS GELS!!! Happy trails, Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I do feed them Gels, they might become proactive and chase after people to get more :)

    ReplyDelete