Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A different bird was mixed in with the ducks

After I finished my run, I sat in my car for a few minutes looking at my splits via my Garmin 101. The parkway path was about 200 feet in front of me. I saw a bunch of ducks walking around the path looking for food. I saw a white bird mixed in with the ducks. The bird was slightly larger than the ducks, and it had a longer neck and a smaller head. There were dark spots on the wings, and the rest of the duck was white. It might have been a goose, but it's head looked smaller than the goose heads that I've seen in the past. What ever kind of bird it was, it felt at home foraging with the ducks.

A few days ago I saw a hawk flying not quite directly over me. It would flap its wings for a couple of seconds and then glide into the wind for a couple of seconds. It was a beautiful sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment