Saturday, November 18, 2006

Ran eight miles fine and then got tired

I ran my 2 1/2 hour run today along the Jordan River Parkway. I ran at a comfortable pace, about 11:15 miles on the average. During mile 5 and 6 my body wanted to go faster, but I said "no" and kept a constant pace. During mile 9, I started to get tired, and I naturally slowed down. When my 2 1/2 hours ended, I still had 3/4 mile to go. I stopped running and walked the rest of the way. My goal for the rest of the year is to increase my Thursday run to 5 miles, and then to hold my weekly mileage constant at 38 miles until February or March. I'll keep saying "no" when I have an urge to go faster. The stress from increasing mileage is enough, and I don't want to compound that with additional stress from going faster.

I forgot to measure my wakeup HR this morning (it was 47 yesterday), but I felt pretty good during the morning and during the first 8 miles of the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment