Monday, November 06, 2006

How I tell I've recovered from a stressful run

A normal wakeup heart rate is a good indicator that our body is overcoming the stress and is returning to normal, but it does not indicate that ones body has fully recovered from the stress and is ready for another speed or longer distance workout. At least with me, a high energy level is the best indicator I've found that I'm ready for more distance or speed. I first look for a normal wakeup heart rate, and then I look for a high energy level. By using both indicators, I'm able to listen to my body and respond accordingly. Sometimes, though, and Saturday was an example of this, I have a good energy level, and even though my wakeup HR is slightly high, I'll still do a stressful workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment