Thursday, November 09, 2006

e-Gel Electrolyte Energy Gel

I first became interested in gels when comments were made in running.about.com that marathoners who use gels don't hit the "wall" as much as runners not using gels. After reading those comments, I began reading about energy gels, and I've tried two different gels. I decided to go with e-Gel, because it gives me more salts and better carbs than I get with other gels, and e-Gel also gives me some antioxidants and vitamin B6. In addition, e-Gel is isotonic, meaning it is mixed with just the right amount of water to allow it to be quickly absorbed into ones body. Yesterday, for example, within just a few minutes from taking the e-Gel, I could taste the salt in my sweat. Each pack of e-Gel has 150 calories compared to 100 calories from other gels.

No comments:

Post a Comment