Friday, November 10, 2006

I'm impressed with e-Gel

I don't think I had breakfast this morning, I don't remember eating anything, and I know I had no lunch. In mid afternoon, after I learned I would be tending my two grand children tomorrow, I decided to do my long run tonight. To give me some energy, since I hadn't eaten much if anything, I had a Nature Valley energy bar. Later, I had two more bars about an hour before I left for my run. I had an e-Gel pack just before I did my stretches, and I had another e-Gel at my turn-around point.

The bottom line to all of this is that I left for my long run without much energy stored in my body. I was on my feet most of the day building a concrete foundation for our water fountain, mixing and using 560 pounds of ready-mix concrete. I felt reasonably energetic during the run. My legs started getting tired on the way back, but my body energy remained pretty good. I didn't feel the energy that I would need to do a speed run, but I didn't feel the fatigue that I've felt in the past. I think the two e-Gels had a good effect on me. I like the four flavors of e-Gel, and the gel is easy to swallow. The top of the plastic container is easy to tear off. e-Gel is a nice product, and I'm happy to recommend it to my visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment