Monday, November 20, 2006

Had a brisk headwind, and I slowed down

My resting HR was 46, and I felt pretty good before the run but not quite as good during and after the run. I think I was still recovering from my long run on Saturday.

I ran an hour rest run. There was a 10-15 mph headwind, and I slowed down and ran at my comfortable pace. My first mile was 12:10. I decided that with the headwind and resulting slower pace, I would make this a "pick up litter" run, and I got quite a bit of litter that had blown in with the wind.

On the way back, the wind was a tailwind, and I ran faster at my comfortable pace. My last two miles were 11:40 and 11:50.

Running against the wind takes extra energy, and that can tire a person out. I prefer to slow down, such that I use about the same amount of energy, and thus conserve my energy for the latter part of the run when I'm getting tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment