Tuesday, February 23, 2021

We did another rest walk

Judy and I did another rest walk. We went before breakfast. The sky was cloudy and there was a north gusty wind of about 10-15 mph blowing. I rested twice (I normally take both rest stops) during the walk, but I was pretty tired when the walk was finished (I think I should eat breakfast before I go walking). Judy noticed toward the end of our walk that I was walking slower than I had been walking. She suggested that I abort the walk, but I stubbornly continued walking until we reached our normal turn-around. I was really glad but tired, though, when I finished our walk and went inside our warm house to rest. Judy was right, I should have aborted the walk. Doc Sheehan probably turned over in his grave at my insistence that we go to our normal turn-around point. Our walk was supposedly a LSD walk, but I converted the walk to a typical walk where the persons walk even though they are tired.

The temperature was in the mid 30s (F) during our walk. Almost all of the snow has melted from the lawns (about 6 inches of snow was deposited on the lawns last week).

So far this week, we have walked 1.650 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment