Wednesday, February 10, 2021

I walked the medium walk

Judy and I made one pass over the east loop and then I continued to the corner and back for my weekly medium walk. I was pretty tired, though, during the last part of my walk. But, I kept a steady pace during my walk, and I made it home. Tomorrow is a rest walk, thank goodness!

There was a north gusty breeze (very slight) blowing, and the temperature was in the high 40s (F). It was a beautiful Spring day. We need more  rain and snow, though. The current snow pack is about 62% of normal, and things look bad for the coming summer. We are having a drought, and water will be scarce this summer, especially if the Spring runoff doesn't fill the reservoirs. Anything we can do to conserve water will be helpful.

With our population expected to double in the next decade or so, single family homes and green lawns around those homes will disappear and will be replaced by multifamily buildings, and small grass lawns will become the norm, or even gravel front yards. However, this change will have to be forced on us through population growth, because single family homes with large grass yards are the norm right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment