Saturday, February 02, 2013

Since I ran yesterday, today was a non-running day. I attended a funeral in the early afternoon. Then, I went to the rec center and rode the Expresso bike for 3 miles. I tried not to push myself, so the ride would be good cross-training.

The daytime temperature was 39 (F), and the low last night was about 30. If these temperatures continue, Spring will be coming soon. January is usually the coldest month in Utah, so February may not be too bad. Today was a "red" day, though, due to another inversion taking place. I can still see the Wasatch Mountains, but I can also see that smog is building up.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that red zone stuff must be awful. I can run in nc anytime. Of course we have alot of pine pollen in the spring but I am not alergic to it so no problem. I ran 10 miles yesterday but I had to take a few breaks in there. I am 53, started running again a year or so ago. I love it but if I run more than 6 my left knee starts to hurt. Hoping to do a half marathon end of march. Thanks for your blog. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,

    The Salt Lake Valley has beautiful weather 8 months of the year, but during the winter inversions set in. The valley is literally in a bowl with mountains all around it. I used to run on "red" days, but I don't do that any more. I do run on "yellow" days and, of course, on "green" days.

    Your knee problem has me worried. How many miles do you have on your shoes?

    ReplyDelete