Saturday, February 09, 2013

Ran 3 miles on the Jordan River Parkway

Today is a "green" day, although it was snowing during my run/walk. The shade temperature when I left home was 35 (F), and the snow had started about an hour before I left. Because the ground temperature was above freezing, the snow melted as soon as it hit the ground. The Parkway path was wet and had a few large puddles of water, but it was ice-free, and I had no problems traversing the path. On my way back, the snow reduced to fine flurries.

I thought I would be alone on the path, but I saw a couple of runners and a few walkers on the path. It was a nice workout, and I'm glad to be back on the Parkway. The Parkway gets me out into nature instead of inside a noisy gym. The gym is nice, though, when the Parkway path is icy. I also enjoy the Expresso bike at the gym. Daytime temperatures next week are forecast to be below freezing, and I'll probably be in the gym again.

No comments:

Post a Comment