Monday, February 18, 2013

Ran/walked the Parkway and rode Expresso Bike Again

My wakeup heart rate was 56 this morning, and I slept very well last night. With shade temperature in the mid 30s (F), I ran/walked for 60 minutes and did 3.1 miles. Afterwards, I rode the Expresso bike on the Speedway, Rolling Thunder, and Redwood Dash routes (3.5 miles) and set a PB in the Speedway. While running, I used a run/walk ratio of 3 minutes/1 minute and handled that fine for two miles. During the 3rd mile, I ran for about 2.5 minutes and walked for about 1.5 minutes, but during the last part, I went back to the 3/1 ratio. While riding the Expresso bike, I pushed for speed, but my legs were tired from spending 60 minutes on the Parkway, and I didn't ride as fast as I hoped I would. If I ride the bike tomorrow, I want to ride slower and easier so tomorrow will be a true rest day; I won't be running tomorrow. There was a 3-5 mph breeze blowing that was a head wind on the way out and on the way back due to a change in the wind. I wore three layers and felt fine during the early part of the workout but was a bit cold, mainly in my hands, during the latter part due to a decrease in the air temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment