Friday, February 08, 2013

Rode 5.4 miles on the Expresso "bike"

Today is a rest day from running, but I went to the rec center and rode the Expresso bike on two tours. I set a PB on the 2-mile Mini Mayhem tour. My heart rate during the rides was 80-90, about right for a LSD ride. This morning, my wakeup heart rate was 60. Yesterday it was 61.

We had rain and snow flurries today, but nothing that remained more than a few seconds, since the air temperature was in the mid 30s (F). We'll probably get more tonight. Tomorrow is forecast to be a "green" day, and I'm looking forward to running on the Jordan River Parkway. The rain and snow flurries are forecast to continue through Sunday. I used to live in Massachusetts, and I'm glad I'm not there right now. They're in the middle of a storm that is expected to leave 2-3 feet of snow. It's snowing there as I write this post. As I mentioned in a previous post, I was in Massachusetts during the blizzard of '78, and it wasn't fun. I lived in Pepperell, an hour north-west of Boston, and we were OK. People in Boston had more problems, though, due to the higher population-density there.

The first picture (below) is from the Costal Run, and the second picture is from trhe Mini Mayhem.





No comments:

Post a Comment