Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Finished moving the 12 yards of compost

When I got up this morning, I had a glass of orange juice, a boiled egg, and a bowl of Cheerios with a Banana. I started moving compost, but I didn't have much energy. However, after a couple of hours I felt better. I think it took that long for my breakfast to start giving me energy. This means that if I eat breakfast before I run, I should wait 2-3 hours after breakfast before I run.

My wife and I just finished moving the compost. The 12x20 foot plastic tarp has been washed and is drying on my back lawn. I've swept the driveway and have just a few bricks to stack behind our shed.

When I picked up the handles of the wheelbarrow to move the last load to my back yard, I felt like I was crossing the finish line of a marathon! All of my "aches" and "pains" disappeared in the excitement of having done it. Of course I'm 28 years older than I was when I ran marathons, and I'm a lot more tired today than I was after the marathons. I think of myself as a young guy, but my body is telling me it has limits. I, for sure, am not running tomorrow, and I'll see how I feel on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment