Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pictures of the inside of my colon

Here are the pictures of the inside of my colon that I mentioned in my comment to the post just above this post. Older people like me should have a colonoscopy every 10 years. Click an image for a larger view.

End of colon looking into small intestines.


Point where appendix connects to the colon. The camera is inside the colon and doesn't see the appendix.



Other end of the colon, looking into the anus. The gray area in the center is a hemorrhoid. The black area above the hemorrhoid is the balloon that was pushed through the colon.

4 comments:

  1. you have colon canceR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet! Every 10 or so years I have m colon checked to see if cancers are developing. I'll be having it checked again next week. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved the pictures of your colon! Very artistic and beautiful. i love the shading and the angle. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read your blog on russian. Please, put a translater on your blog.

    ReplyDelete