Saturday, June 13, 2009

I reached next week's running goal today!

I mentioned in my last post that my goal of reaching 1 mile of running in the 1.5 miles of my workout would likely be reached on Wednesday of next week. I was pleasantly surprised that my body performed better today than I had expected, and I reached 1.02 miles or 68% of the total distance. My legs didn't feel as tired as they have in the past, and my body didn't feel tired either; I was able to breath fine. It will be interesting to see what happens on Monday. I'm avoiding the temptation to push for more distance and am just letting my body tell me when to stop running.

The temperature during my run was in the low 70s (F) and the sky was cloudy. A great day for running.

1 comment:

  1. Your body is adapting to your running very quickly!! As usual, you're an inspiration on avoiding pushing your body too hard and listening to what your body dictates.

    ReplyDelete