Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Almost got hit with a golf ball during my run

Some of my 1.5 mile course borders a golf course, although the course is across the Jordan River and is in the city of Sandy. While I was running, I heard a noise that sounded like a fire cracker, and I saw a white object bounce from the asphalt path into some grass and weeds. The ball landed about 10 feet (3 meters) in front of me. The river at that point is quite wide, probably 200 feet. The ball cleared the river and the Russian Olive trees that border the Parkway path and hit right in the middle of the path. Because of the trees I didn't see the ball coming. It just fell out of the sky and with a loud crack bounced off the path. I don't play golf, but I'm keeping the ball in my car, and later this fall when I've mastered the 1.5 mile course and am heading south, I'll throw the ball onto a golf course that is near 106th South and borders the path. This is the 3rd ball I've recovered while I was running. The other two balls were from the course near 106th.

2 comments:

  1. My immediate thought would be, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!" Time to purchase a harder running cap. Must be a way to make a profit on retrieving those balls, could amount to a pair of new running shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a hard hat would be good. Maybe body armour too. A very light 70# running suit. That ball was moving fast when it hit the ground.

    Maybe I could send the golf club a ransom note for the balls. They could meet me at midnight or something...

    ReplyDelete