Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Jordan River is going down (but not much, though)

Yesterday, when I looked at the Jordan River as it goes through the tunnel under 106th South, I could tell that the level of the water is going down slightly. Some kids have thrown rocks into the water, and those rocks give me a way to gage the depth of the water. When I looked at the water this morning, I could see that it had gone down about an inch since yesterday. Later, as I ran past the place where I can walk to the edge of the water, I stopped to look at the water, and I could tell that it had gone down about an inch since yesterday. When I do my medium run tomorrow, I'll be able to look at the river as it goes through the tunnel at 126th South.

We've had warm weather for a few days with no rain, so having the water level decrease is to be expected. However, there is an awfully lot of snow in the mountains (Snowbird Ski Resort currently has 7 feet 2 inches), and as that snow melts some of the water will drain into the Jordan River. Thus, the river will probably remain high for another 4-6 weeks or longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment