Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My body needed a 3-mile warmup, but then...

I ran my two-hour medium run this morning. During the first 3 miles, I didn't feel very energetic, and I ran about 12:30 miles. By the time I reached mile 4, I was running a faster pace, and I maintained that pace for the rest of the run -- my body actually increased the pace during the last mile. The total run was about 9.5 miles, and my return was about 45 seconds faster than my going out, giving me a slight negative split. As with past runs, I didn't try to run faster; I just let my body find its own pace.

The temperature was in the mid 50s (F), and the sky was overcast with bits of sun here and there. Just as I opened my car door to return home, it started to sprinkle. We had a nice rain last night and should have more for the next two days. There was a 5-10 mph head wind going out and corresponding tail wind coming back. That tail wind really felt good on my back and neck, and I appreciated the slight push it provided.

My wakeup HR was 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment