Thursday, October 19, 2006

Enjoying my two days of rest

My resting HR was 49 this morning. That increase shows that I am over stressed a bit. I've only gotten 6 1/2 hours sleep each night the last couple of days. Difficulty in sleeping is a sign of over training, and the resulting sleep deprivation contributes to the problem. Also, I missed my afternoon half-hour nap the past two days (schedule problems), and that adds to the problem of insufficient sleep. I did sleep well last night and hope to get my nap this afternoon.

I'm really glad that today and tomorrow are rest days. I feel fatigued and need the rest. I think I may have to put the brakes on my body and not run quite so fast when I feel good. I'm hoping to start running on Thursdays, and that means I'll have one less day of rest during the week and will need to temper my speed a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment