Thursday, October 26, 2006

Enough rest; back to running

As noted in my previous post, my wakeup HR on Monday was 55, due, I think, to my running fast in the previous two weeks. On Tuesday it was down to 53. I didn't measure it on Wednesday. Today, it was 49, so I went out running. I ran a comfortable pace for an hour. My splits were

Mile 1 11:35
Mile 2 11:38
Mile 3 12:05
Mile 4 11:54
Mile 5 11:51

At the beginning of mile 2, and the beginning of each mile, thereafter, I took a short walking break of 30-60 seconds to drink water. A pace from 11:30 to 12:00 is a nice, restful pace for me. My goal for today's run was to run an hour at a comfortable pace and sorta ease back into running. On Saturday I'm hoping I'll be able to run 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours at the same pace as today.

During my run, the temperature was in the high 40s, and it was nice to be out. We had snow flurries last night, and the temperature was 33 (F) when I got up. I didn't go out running until about 1 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment