Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ran an OK 11 miles in this fall-back week

I ran 11 miles this morning. My wakeup HR was 50, and I felt ok while I did my stretches before I ran, and during the first few miles. I could tell, though, that this wouldn't be a great run. I didn't have a lot of energy, and during miles 9 and 10 my run my right ankle felt weak, and I did extra walking to give the ankle a rest. The ankle felt fine during mile 11.

Part of the problem was last night after work. I had my car in for some maintenance, and I had to walk 3 miles from work to the car place to pick up the car. I couldn't leave work until 6 pm, and by then the dealer's shuttle van had stopped and all of my coworkers had gone. I made a mistake of doing a fast walk last night instead of a slow walk to conserve energy for this morning. Also, my right ankle began to feel weak during the last mile of my walk.

I saw a red fox on my way back this morning. It was about 100 feet away, running along the edge of a field. It was a treat to see it. They are smaller than I thought they were.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment