Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A good but wet 9 miler

When I left for my 9 mile medium run, it was pouring and the wind was blowing about 20 mph. However, by the time I'd gone half a mile, the rain was down to sprinkles and soon stopped and the sun came out (typical Utah storm). After I'd gone about 4 miles, the rain and wind came again, and they came a third time when I was a mile from home. The temperature was in the mid 50s, but the wind made it feel cold. I didn't have a problem with it, though, because my body gives off a lot of heat during my running, and the rain/wind only lasted for about 10 minutes each storm.

I didn't run for about two hours after I got up, so I had time to eat "breakfast". I had my usual dose of anti-oxidants and calcium, and I had a banana and two oranges, and a glass of juice. I usually run with just the anti-oxidants and calcium and a banana. My stomach seemed to handle the two oranges and juice ok.

I enjoyed my run today. My wakeup HR was 52, and I had more energy than I had on Monday. It was a good but wet run, and I enjoyed it! I also enjoyed the hot shower when I got home :

Note later in the day: I didn't check the temperature when I first got home, but I did check it later in the day, and it was in the low 40s. It was probably in that range while I ran, and that would account for the wind feeling cold.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment