Monday, April 03, 2006

My wakeup HR was 47 this morning

My wakeup HR was 47 this morning, the first time in many months that it has been that low. I felt pretty good before and during the first part of my run. I did start to get tired a bit towards the end of the run, indicating I'm not fully recovered from my 12-mile run on Saturday. I didn't take any walking breaks during the first half of the run but did take a couple during the second half. I slept well last night, and that probably contributed to my lower wakeup heart rate. I forgot again to eat a banana and drink some water before I left. I like to eat a banana before I run, because it helps replenish body salts, and it is easy to digest.

The temperature was 57 (F) when I left, and there was a 7-10 mph head wind. I've been seeing ducks in the canal swimming in runoff puddles from the rain and snow we've been having. It will probably be 6-7 weeks before the canal water comes in.

Training Graphs

No comments:

Post a Comment