Thursday, April 20, 2006

Boston in 2010

Bruce, my running friend in Las Vegas, and I have set a goal to run the Boston Marathon together in 2010. I will be 74 then, and my qualifying time will be 4 hours 30 minutes. I don't know if this is a realistic goal for me, but I'll have a better idea after I run my next marathon in 2007. Whether I do run Boston or not, it is a fun thing to think about. I lived in Massachusetts, an hour out of Boston, for 17 years and never ran the Boston Marathon because I was too slow. It would be nice, in my old age, to fulfill my dream of running Boston!

Training Graphs

3 comments:

  1. Howdy! I have no doubts you'll fulfill your dream of running Boston in 2010!!Happy trails, Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bruce, right now I have no idea if I'll make it. However, when I do my next marathon sometime in 2007, if I break 5 hours, then I should make Boston in 1010 with no problems since my qualifying time will be 4:45. However, if my time next year is 5+ hours or greater, then going to Boston will be a big challenge. Either way, it's a nice goal for my training during the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Great Salt Lake Half-Marathon that we'll do on August 19 will also give me an idea of how I'm doing. Right now, I'm adding distance and am making no attempt to do anything but a slow jog. It takes me about 2:45 to do 13 miles. If I bring that time down considerably in August, then I'll know my body is gaining the strength I'll need to complete a marathon.

    ReplyDelete