Saturday, June 25, 2011

Finished the recovery week with a 5-mile run/walk

My wakeup heart rate was 56, and I felt pretty good. I ran my medium run of 5 miles, going from the South Jordan City East Pavilion to the tunnel under 12300 South and back to the East Pavilion. It was hot! The sun temperature was in the high 90s (F), and the shade temperature was in the high 80s. There was a slight head wind on the way back, and that helped cool me a bit.

The Jordan River was higher, probably an inch higher since last week. There was more water under the 11400 South bridge than I've seen before. The water people who watch the water levels have predicted that the rivers and creeks will peak during the next week. I hope they're right, but it sure looks like a lot of snow in the mountains.

I saw two black birds in the Jordan River. Their bodies were completely black. They were slightly larger than male Mallards. Because their feet were in the water, I couldn't tell if their feet were webbed or not. I think their feet were webbed, because the birds looked like ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment