Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My condition was worse on Friday

Friday was a bad day. My condition got worse, and I finally realized that I was suffering from more than overuse in my training.

It took me two hours to get ready to see a doctor. All I had to do was shower and brush my teeth, but I could only stand or walk for a few seconds and then had to sit for 15 minutes while I recovered. The 15 minutes was for the pain and stiffness in my legs to subside. My faster breathing went away after just a few seconds.

I knew if I drove to the main hospital I would never be able to walk the long distance from the parking lot to the ER, so I drove to the IHC Instant Care about a mile from my home. The nurses there immediately realized I needed to be in a hospital, and they transported me to the main hospital in an ambulance. I arrived there about 11 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment