Saturday, January 03, 2009

Finished the week with an 8-mile run

We had two or three inches of snow last night, and I ran eight miles on 27th West instead of on the Jordan River Parkway. The asphalt on the street was bare and easy to run. The street has wide shoulders that were mostly bare, and I had no problems during the run. 27th West is a major street and is salted, thus melting the snow and leaving the bare asphalt.

My wakeup heart rate was 51 this morning, and I felt pretty good. The shade temperature during my run was in the mid 20s (F), but the temperature in the sun was slightly above freezing, and there was a small amount of melting taking place along the edge of the street. I made certain I ran early enough in the day that I was home before the street started to freeze.

This was a nice running week. I did 23 miles for the week, which isn't bad for an old guy who runs only three times per week. My plan is to add another 7 miles to this run, giving my a long run of 15 miles and a 30 mile week.

No comments:

Post a Comment