Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Shared my running trail with a six-point Buck

I saw a deer while on my run. He was near the trail, and when he heard me coming, he walked down to the Jordan River and waded to the middle of the river. He then stopped and drank some water. He looked like a relatively young deer, and he presented a magnificent view while standing in the middle of the river. The water was around 15 inches in depth.

This picture is from the web, rather than one I took, but it gives you a rough idea of what I saw. Click for a larger image.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure it wasn't one of Santa's reindeer? Humming the song, "Grandma got run over by a reindeer..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you might be right. I never thought of wading the river to look for Santa's sleigh buried in the water.

    ReplyDelete