Saturday, December 06, 2008

This was the day for a short rest run

I had hopes of running 8 miles, but after I'd gone half a mile I knew my run would be a short rest run. I had a busy schedule today that required that I do my run first thing, and I was on the Jordan River Parkway by 8:30 this morning. The temperature was in the mid 20s (F) during my run, but the sky was clear and we expected a nice day with a high in the 40s. I ran 2.5 miles and enjoyed the run, even though I was tired and had low energy.

I went to bed early last night, but I didn't sleep very well. I ended up with about 5 hours of sleep. I frequently have a difficult time sleeping, due to nervous anxiety, when I have to get up early. When I left home this morning, it had only been 36 hours since my super run on Thursday, and I need at least 48 hours for recovery. That, plus my lack of sleep last night, set the conditions for my body to tell me it needed more rest. I'm glad that I've learned during the past 35+ years of running to listen to my body and to follow the messages I receive from my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment