Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A wonderful 8-mile run

My wakeup heart rate was 49 this morning. It has been a long, long time since it was that low. Probably a year or more. I left home in the late afternoon and did most of the run in the dusk, but the last mile was in the dark.

It took me about 4 miles to get warmed up, and during that time I took walking breaks every half-mile. However, during the last 4 miles, I felt great and only took walking breaks every 2 miles or so. On the way out I used my GPS to check my pace once in a while, and it was 12:00 to 13:00 or so. On the way back, I couldn't see the GPS very well, but it felt like I was going faster. Probably around 11:30. I have to be careful about checking my pace, because I don't want to get motivated to run faster. I'm letting my body dictate the speed.

During the past few weeks, I've been focusing on finishing a family history book that I've been compiling during the past 10 years. It's called Generations of Websters, and it contains stories about my Webster ancestors down to my father's generation. I finished the book this morning, and I hope I can be more consistent in getting to bed earlier than the 1-2 am that I've been doing recently. Getting a good 7 or 7 1/2 hours of sleep really makes a difference in how I feel the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment