Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My right leg

In my previous post, I mentioned that after my run on Saturday, my right leg/knee was somewhat stiff and sore. It felt better over the weekend, and when I woke up this morning it felt almost normal.

The leg felt fine during my run today, but it has been somewhat stiff and sore this afternoon and evening. Not as much as on Saturday but more than this morning before my run. It actually feels pretty good when I'm standing or walking but is stiff and slightly sore when I'm sitting and my leg is bent.

Because of the quick improvement over the weekend and Monday, I don't think I have an injury -- just overstressed muscles. I just hope today's run didn't make it worse. I'll see how it feels in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Do you take ice baths after such sore runs, try it, you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bruce, I've never taken an ice bath, but I'm sure it would be helpful in cases of overstressed muscles. In this case, I'm beginning to think it is an actual injury, because it is taking several days to recover and it came back after my running on Tuesday. I haven't had much experience with injuries, so it is hard for me to tell the difference between an injury and overstressed but not injured muscles.

    ReplyDelete